Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Announcing....!

BABY WANGSGARD NUMBER 3!

Joining our family in April!!
Yep I'm prego!! And we are so excited for a new little baby to come! Haley is especially excited - SHE had to tell everyone and still does - in fact on Sunday in Primary the Primary Pres. was giving announcements and asked if anyone else had any. Well Haley raised her little hand as high as it would go and the Primary Pres. said, "Yes, Haley?" and she says, "My mommy has a baby in her tummy!!" :) This is why we waited to tell her until we were ready for everyone to know ;)
We took Haley and Parker with us to my Doctor's appointment and told them there was going to be a suprise there. Haley was very anxious to see what the suprise was and kept asking if she could see it yet. Well the time came to listen to the heartbeat and that's when I said, "Haley, that's a baby's heart - mommy has a baby in her tummy! That is the suprise!" and she just sat there saying nothing with an amazed look on her face. She was all smiles but didnt say anything just nodded her head when I asked if she was excited. But, then afterwards on the drive home and later I was not prepared for the questions I would get. Here are just a few. Luckily she is still happy with my very simplified answers ;)
Questions from Haley:
"How did it get in there?"
"How is it going to come out? Are they going to drill a hole in your tummy?"
"Is your tummy going to get big like Daddy's?....But Daddy doesnt have a baby in his tummy."
"I want the baby to come out NOW - why can't it come out yet?" Me: Well the baby is too small and it wouldnt be able to live if came out now. "The baby is going to die?!" Me: No No No that is why its going to stay in mommy's tummy until its big. (I know- bad answer to the first question)
Parker heard this conversation and said " Baby Died?!" Me: No buddy the baby is still in mommy's tummy- its not going to die. Then after a pause and much thinking he says "Jesus Died" Me: Yes Parker Jesus Died but the baby is not going to die (can you see why I say I was not prepared)
Haley was figuring out how even she and parker were in mommy's tummy once and said this:
"I was in your tummy before I was born" Me: Yep thats right before you were a baby.
"Parker was in your tummy before he was a baby" Me: Yes he was! (thinking we were making progress)
"Daddy was in your tummy before he was born!" Me: No No Daddy was not in my tummy! And going on to a conversation about how Daddy was in Grandma Wangsgards tummy because she is his mom and I'm not. And then she went on that I was in Grandma Jackson's tummy and so on.... she thinks she's getting it all figured out ;)
Parker is very excited as well and he always tries to lift up my shirt so he can "see it, see it"
He will say, "Baby..Momma's.. tummy!" He will be a great big brother.

8 comments:

Andi said...

Congrats Amelia! That is such great news! How fun that your kids can be so aware and involved!

Ingrid Davis said...

Yay! What wonderful news, I am so excited for you guys.

Fowkes said...

Congratulations!! That's so exciting! Good answers-I would totally be unprepared as well! What cute kids!!

Marshall and Rose Lowry said...

Congrats! Very exciting news!

Katrina said...

I love the questions that was so funny!

The Olsen Family said...

Congratulations! We are so excited for you guys!

jkmortensen said...

wahoo! I am super excited for you! BTW when are you making a transfer closer to us? I miss you!

Trav and Britt said...

congratulations! i am laughing so hard at the things your kiddies were asking! ha ha! it's so hard to answer these things sometimes! :)